Admittedly, I do not enjoy cleaning my make up brushes. So I wanted to share with you some quick inexpensive tips that I do to keep my brushes squeaky clean. We all know the amount of bacteria that can build up in your brushes so its important to clean them at least once a week/fortnight or at least a little spot clean. This will not only prevent your skin from breaking out, but I find clean brushes makes the appearance of your make up looking flawless.
What you will need:
– Rubber Gloves
– Johnson Baby Shampoo
– Argan Oil (or any other oil product such as Jojoba, shea, almond)
– Small Bowl
1. Pour a good amount of Johnson Shampoo into a bowl
2. Add a few drop of Argan Oil into the shampoo and mix
3. Wet your brushes slightly and put your brushes straight into the shampoo/oil mix and make sure to rub the shampoo into your brushes and wash thoroughly.
4. Rinse using warm/cool water.
5. Follow step 3 again if need be – sometimes some brushes need more than 1 wash for a thorough clean
6. Place your clean brushes on a clean towel and leave to air dry (preferably near a window)
…. and thats it….
This is what I do to keep my make up brushes clean, I love the products used are so easy to get a hold of. You can purchase Johnson at any supermarket and I find oils are easy to buy at your local pharmacy.
What are your personal tips of cleaning your brushes?
Till my next post